This page and the resources it references are intended for any AMS staff using the CRM and related applications. These resources are for internal AMS staff use only. The pages can be accessed without a login, but only for people who have the appropriate link. The pages cannot be found by an Internet search or by navigating the public website. This is a work in progress, so links will be added as content is created.
The primary contact for CRM support is the Data & Systems Manager, Erik Fonseca. The preferred method of requesting support or providing suggestions is to email email@example.com. It is also acceptable to call Erik at his work number. Service requests are tracked in a ticketing system. Enhancement requests are discussed by the Data & Systems Governance Team, led by the Vicar General, prior to approval.
Devin Chesney, Cloud4Good, or other resources may also be engaged to supplement the support from Erik.
This section includes links to a variety of written documents that are intended to help you understand how to use the CRM and related applications effectively and in compliance with AMS expectations.
- Guide to CRM Basics – titles and salutations, assignments, email addresses, portal messages, handling duplicates, assignment corrections
- myAMS Portal Profile: Access, Modifications, and Troubleshooting
- AMS Suffix Style Guide
- Guide to Badge icons on Individual records
- Acceptable Use Policies
- How-to guides
- General SOP CRM Guide – rank and assignments, portal access, sharing links/resources, convocations, installation visits, emails/letters/calls, reports, separation from service, death
- Advancement CRM Guide – acknowledgement procedures, Word merge criteria, data validation, data entry notes, renewal mailing lists, exporting to excel, online donation forms, URL forwarding, and data cleanup tips
- Vocations CRM Guide – identifying and emailing prospects, vocations application, vocations retreat, CSP application, tracking seminarian progress, seminarian endorsement
- Chancery CRM Guide – recruitment events and email, endorsement applications, granting faculties, quarterly reports, requests and approvals, rank and assignments, convocations, emailing, separation from service, EMHC/LL/CR approval
- Evangelization CRM Guide – applications, expiration/renewal, courses, reports & views, email
- Sacramental Records CRM Guide – recording sacraments, certificate requests
- Event Management – create new event, registration, wrap-up
- Bulk Email Guide – use Campaign Monitor or bulk emails
- Tribunal CRM Guide – sanations, annulments and notations
This section includes links to brief how-to videos, recorded trainings provided for AMS staff, and training videos from vendors about their applications.
- Videos of less than 5 minutes:
- How to login as an AMS staff member or a Portal user
- How to navigate around the CRM and common elements of the application
- Using the search function in Salesforce
- Using list views to find records
- Editing records and turning off the feed
- Tips and tricks – browser tabs, keyboard shortcuts, sharing record URLs, and more
- Creating individual records
- Longer, AMS-specific training videos (approx. 45-90 minutes)
- Introductory training videos by application vendors
- Understanding accounts and contacts
- Understanding reports
- Understanding Communities
- CauseView – nonprofit and donor functionality for Salesforce
- Campaign Monitor – bulk email tool
- Conga – document generation tool