Marriage: Unique for a Reason is an initiative of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Ad Hoc Committee for the Defense of Marriage to assist with the catechesis and education of Catholics on why marriage is unique and why marriage should be promoted and protected as the union of one man and one woman. Visit the marriageuniqueforafeason.org website for more information.
- Archbishop Broglio’s article Married Couples and the Challenge of Extended Tours, Financial Pressures, and Reentry into the Family After Military Service
- Made for Each Other: A Catechetical and Educational Aid on Sexual Difference and Complementarity – Viewer’s Guide
- Made for Each Other: A Catechetical and Educational Aid on Sexual Difference and Complementarity – Resource Booklet for priests, deacons, catechists, and teachers
Getting Married in the AMS
If you are planning to celebrate marriage in the Archdiocese for the Military Services, please read an outline of what to expect as the period of preparation unfolds.
AMS Marriage Enrichment Retreat
The AMS is holding a Marriage Enrichment retreat at Sacred Heart Retreat House in Alhambra, CA, on December 7-9, 2018. This retreat weekend is designed for Catholic couples to spend time together praying, reflecting, and sharing about topics related to compatibility, intimacy, communication, and commitment. Rather than keynote speakers brief introductions set the stage for reviewing each area allowing time for couples to share with one another. Learn more.
For Your Marriage: Resources for a Happy and Holy Marriage
The U.S.Bishops issued a Pastoral letter on Marriage in 2010 and set up a web site, in English and Spanish, which provides a summary of the letter and a link to the full text as well as many helpful marriage resources.
- English web site: For Your Marriage
- Spanish web site: Por Tu Matrimonio
Get this for your site
Worldwide Marriage Encounter
A day of reflection for military couples has been developed by the WWME North American Military Outreach. Continued support is offered through active duty and retired couples, along with an online network of couples offering enrichment and mentoring. Learn more online.