Archdiocese for the Military Services teams up with Charis Ministries to put on retreat at Fort Meade, Maryland
FORT MEADE, MARYLAND—Catholic active duty and retired military personnel and their family members from ages 18 through 39 have the opportunity to take a one-day spiritual retreat this Saturday, March 22, at Fort Meade, Maryland. TheArchdiocese for the Military Services (AMS) is teaming up with the Jesuit ministry Charis to sponsor the Seekers’ Retreat at the Fort Meade Catholic Community Chapel Center on Rockenbach Road.
Retreatants are invited to look at their lives to see where God has been, where God is present, and where God is calling them to be. Among questions to be addressed are these: What’s important in my life? What am I looking for? Where does God fit in?
Dr. Mark Moitoza, AMS Vice-Chancellor for Evangelization, said:
“The partnership with Charis Ministries has motivated young adults in the military to reflect upon the gift of the Catholic faith that draws them into authentic meaning. Retreat team members, who are young adults themselves, enable that reflection by sharing witness talks during the retreat. Each witness opens up the opportunity for Evangelization. Through this sharing the encounter with Jesus Christ is revealed in lived terms that their peers can identify with. The Seeker’s Retreat is a great opportunity during Lent for young adults to consider how God is calling them to share their faith too.”
The retreat will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (ET) at the Fort Meade Catholic Community Chapel Center, 7100 Rockenbach Road, Fort Meade, Md. 20755. Check in begins at 8:00 a.m. Childcare is available for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Registration is free. To register, go here.
Directions to Fort Meade are as follows:
- Both 295 and 95 intersect with Rt 175. Take either highway to 175 east.
- Stay on 175 east until you get to Reece Rd.
- Take a right on Reece Rd. and you will see the visitor gate right there.
- Military ID holders and DOD CAC holders should be able to get on post with no problem.
- Non-ID holders will need to present a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and car registration. All three documents should be in the same person’s name. If you have a rental car, please bring your rental agreement.
- Non-ID holders will likely have their vehicles searched. Please allow an extra 10 minutes for this.
- Follow Reece Rd to the end and take a right at the light onto Cooper.
- Follow Cooper to the next light and take a left onto Rockenbach Road.
- The second right turn is the driveway to the Chapel. Please park in the front of the building and come through the main church doors.
GPS devices are generally not helpful on-post as they will try and take you through NSA which is blocked off. Please bring these directions with you.