Archbishop Broglio Offers Prayers for Veterans as Nation Observes Veterans Day
Archbishop Broglio said:
“We enjoy great freedoms in the United States. Let us never forget the men and women who have laid their lives on the line to defend and protect our precious liberties. The annual celebration of Veterans Day invites us to remember those killed in the line of duty, those still suffering the effects of their generous response in times of national need, and, of course, everyone who has retired from active duty. We cannot forget the sacrifices of so many. We sense an obligation to express our gratitude, and we certainly remember them in our prayers."
Read the full news release.
Prayers and Resources
- Prayers for the Military - link.
- Prayer of the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA - link.
- Prayers for Troops, follow this link to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops - link.
- Catholic Church Extension Society honors Father James Stump, OFM Cap as a finalist for the Lumen Christi award - link.
- Learn how parishes can support Veterans, follow this link to the National Catholic Partnership on Disability - link.
- Discover ways to support Military Families and Veterans in your community, follow this link to the White House Joining Forces initiative - link.