Fortnight for Freedom 2015
Prayer, Education, and Action
The Fortnight for Freedom will take place from June 21 to July 4. This year, the bishops’ Ad Hoc Committee for Religious Liberty would like to emphasize the link between religious liberty and service to the poor and vulnerable and has proposed the theme of Fortnight for Freedom: Freedom to Bear Witness.
During the Fortnight, our liturgical calendar celebrates a series of great martyrs who remained faithful in the face of persecution by political power—St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More, St. John the Baptist, SS. Peter and Paul, and the First Martyrs of the Church of Rome.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has prepared materials that will hopefully assist you in preparation for the Fortnight. The materials below are already available publicly through the website www.Fortnight4Freedom.org:
1. Quotes about religious freedom from the Holy Father
2. 14-Day Study Guide on Dignitatis Humanae
3. Litany for Liberty
4. A series of examples of Current Threats to Religious Liberty in the U.S. and Abroad
5. Frequently Asked Questions about Religious Liberty
6. Prayers of the Faithful (as part of the Call to Prayer for Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty)
7. Holy Hour Template (also part of the Call to Prayer)
8. Parish Guide to celebrating the Fortnight (including 14 suggestions)
Thank you for your prayers and support for this nationwide effort and for your united voices in the promotion and defense of religious liberty!