“The Eucharist is the food, which satiates completely the deepest aspirations of the human person. It is the Bread of Eternal Life, that is, the food which sustains us as we make our journey. It will give us strength to cross the threshold of death into eternal life. Indeed this celebration is what characterizes us as Catholics.”
The bishops in the United States have announced a three-year Eucharistic Revival beginning on June 19, the Feast of Corpus Christi. This first year of the Revival invites diocesan staff, bishops, and priests to respond to the Lord’s personal invitation and equips them to share this love with the faithful through eucharistic congresses and events.
Grounded in prayer and responding to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the National Eucharistic Revival has four primary goals:
- To provide a more profound encounter with Jesus Christ in the Sunday liturgy as a point of unity among all Catholics, and through this powerful encounter, to find personal healing and courage to take the Gospel to a world in need of authentic love – the love of Christ found in the Eucharist.
- To spark personal conversions through the joyful discovery of a relationship with Christ by encountering the love of God present in Jesus in the Eucharist.
- To elevate the truth and practices of our Catholic faith through the rediscovery of the Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
- To form, inspire, and launch missionary disciples, filled with love of God and neighbor that comes from an encounter with Jesus in the Eucharist, to the margins of the Church and the world.
- Archbishop Broglio’s homily from the Mass to Open the Archdiocesan Phase of the Eucharistic Revivial – 19 June 2022
- Eucharistic Revival website
- Altaration – online course from Ascension Press
- Bishop Robert Baron Video on The Real Presence of Jesus
- Eucharistic Adoration Resources from the Knights of Columbus
- The Mass of the Early Christians by Mike Aquilina
- God Is Near Us: The Eucharist, the Heart of Life by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger
- The Lambs Supper by Scott Hahn