Discusses DHHS health insurance mandate, controversy over pastoral letter opposing mandate, and repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”
WASHINGTON, D.C. – His Excellency, the Most Reverend Timothy P. Broglio, J.C.D., Archbishop for the Military Services, appears on this week’s edition of the EWTN program, The World Over with Raymond Arroyo.
During the 20-minute studio interview, Archbishop Broglio discusses a range of issues affecting Catholics serving in the United States Armed Forces and U.S. Military Chaplains, including:
- The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) policy mandate for health insurance covering contraception, abortion, and sterilization.
- The recent controversy between the Archbishop and the Army’s Office of the Chief of Chaplains over his pastoral letter in opposition to the DHHS mandate.
- Repeal of the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy on homosexual membership.
The program appears on EWTN at the following times, Eastern Standard Time (EST):
- Thursday, February 23, at 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 24, at 1:00 a.m.
- Sunday, February 26, at 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 27, at 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.