Catholic parishes throughout the United States offer the gift of hospitality when they welcome Veterans and their families home. The following links provide some resources for local parishes to reflect upon as they consider meeting the pastoral needs of those who have served.
- White House Jesuit Retreat for Veterans: June 28-30, 2019
- Archbishop Broglio’s letter to Married Couples and the Challenge of Military Service.
- National Catholic Partnership on Disability offers a webinar: Parish Support for Veterans: How We Can Help? along with a toolkit and list for resources for parishes.
- The Military Child Education Coalition promotes a community-based initiative called Living in the New Normal helping children thrive through challenging times. This site includes a suggested literature list.
- The Archdiocese of Chicago has developed a website to meet the pastoral needs of Veterans and Military Families.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago also has resources to support Veterans.
- The Diocese of Metuchen Apostolate for Military and Veteran Families.
- The Archdiocese of Washington has a webpage to support Veterans.
- Health Progress: Bringing Vets Home – Articles from the Journal of the Catholic Health Association of the United States dedicated to caring for veterans.