Making a Planned Gift
You can assist the mission of the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA (AMS), by creating a lasting legacy of generosity.
- Gifts you can make today include those from donor advised funds (Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard, etc.), stocks, IRAs, and family foundations.
- Gifts that pay you income include charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
- Gifts that will have an impact after your lifetime include naming the Archdiocese as a beneficiary in your will (bequest), life insurance policy, retirement account, or donor advised fund.
The tax benefits to you and your family will vary depending upon the type of gift you choose. As always, the AMS recommends that you consult with a qualified attorney when drafting your will or making changes to planned giving arrangements.
Most Common Ways to Make a Planned Gift
- Bequest in your will
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Donor Advised Fund (Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard, etc.)
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (.pdf)
- Name the AMS as a beneficiary of a Life Insurance Policy or Retirement Plan
What Information do I Need to Name the AMS as a Beneficiary?
Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA
P.O. Box 4469
Washington, D.C. 20017
Tax Exempt ID Number: 13-1624090
If you additional questions, please contact Mary Lavin, Executive Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving at email@example.com or (440) 223-6482.
The Saint Lawrence of Brindisi Society
Individuals who make a planned gift to the AMS, or who notify the AMS that they have included it in their will or estate plans, are members of the Saint Lawrence of Brindisi Society. Saint Lawrence was canonized by Pope Leo XIII in 1881 and declared a Doctor of the Church by Saint John XXIII in 1959. Born Giulio Cesare Russo in 1559 in Brindisi, a town located on the Adriatic coast of the heel of Italy, Saint Lawrence was a Capuchin Franciscan. During his years of ministry Saint Lawrence served as a chaplain to the forces at Lepanto and a papal emissary and peacemaker. He is considered the greatest linguist among the Doctors of the Church.
Members of the Saint Lawrence of Brindisi Society have included the Archdiocese in their estate plans. In recognition of this commitment, members receive:
- Satisfaction in knowing that they are making a lasting difference in the lives of Catholic service men and women, Veterans, and their families.
- Annual Mass celebrated on his Memorial (July 21) in recognition of the generosity of this donor group for their personal intentions.