The Year “Amoris Laetitia Family” is an initiative of Pope Francis, which aims to reach every family around the world through several spiritual, pastoral and cultural proposals that can be implemented within Parishes, Dioceses, universities, ecclesial movements and family associations.
The pandemic experience has highlighted the central role of the family as the domestic Church and the importance of community ties between families. Such ties make the Church an authentic “family of families” (AL 87).
The family deserves a year of celebrations, so that it can be placed at the center of commitment and care from every pastoral and ecclesial reality.
The Amoris Laetitia Family Year began on the feast of the Solemnity of St Joseph, 19 March 2021. The Family Year will run through the conclusion of the tenth World Meeting of Families taking place in Rome, 26 June 2022.
Visit the Amoris Laetitia website to find a variety of resources for families.
View Ten Videos and Reflection Guides for families, a new video is added each month.
Discover Twelve ways to Walk with Families following Amoris Laetitia.
View videos on the Faith and Ecclesial Involvement of Persons with Disabilities.
Celebrate World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly on the Fourth Sunday of July.
Download the Amoris Laetitia brochure.
- Share the content of the Apostolic Exhortation Amoris Laetitia.
- Proclaim that the sacrament of marriage is a gift.
- Enable families to become active agents of the family apostolate.
- Make young people aware of the importance of formation in the truth of love and in the gift of self, with initiatives dedicated to them.
- Broaden the vision and scope of the family apostolate.