In October 2018, the 15th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops focused on the theme of “Young People, the Faith, and Vocational Discernment.” Pope Francis explained that its aim was “to accompany the young on their existential journey to maturity so that, through a process of discernment, they discover their plan for life and realize it with joy, opening up to the encounter with God and with human beings, and actively participating in the edification of the Church and of society.”
In Christus Vivit, his post-synodal apostolic exhortation, Pope Francis addresses young people and the entire people of God, encouraging them “to grow in holiness and commitment to [their] personal vocation.” Spend time reading the document, and use these resources to help discern your role in its implementation throughout the Church.
- Preparatory Document for the Synod
- World of New Generations According to the Questionnaire – a book which compiles data from the questionnaire that was given to young people before the Synod
- Instrumentum Laboris – the bishops’ “working document” which guided discussions during the Synod
- Letter from the Synod Fathers
- Synod Final Document: English and Spanish